Revitalize Your Appearance with a Custom Smile Makeover
Dr. Jon Marc Van Slate offers smile makeovers at his Houston, TX, dental practice to improve the appearance of your smile so you can share your smile with confidence. If you are dissatisfied with multiple cosmetic aspects of your smile, a smile makeover can address these problems and transform your look. Dr. Van Slate uses his keen eye for aesthetics to design a personalized treatment plan that will help make your smile brighter and more attractive.
About Smile Makeovers
During your initial consultation with Dr. Van Slate, he will ask about your treatment goals and the areas of your smile you would like to address. After thoroughly evaluating your smile, he will recommend a custom set of treatments to address your areas of concern. Some of the procedures that can be included in your personalized plan are:
- Teeth whitening, in-office and take-home
- Dental bonding
- Dental crowns
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental implants
Most patients choose to include teeth whitening, so that any subsequent procedures will match their newly whitened smile. Depending on your individual goals and needs, teeth whitening is often the first step in your smile makeover.
Smile Makeover Candidates
If you want to address multiple cosmetic imperfections in your smile, a smile makeover may be right for you. A smile makeover can address both extrinsic and intrinsic dental stains, repair minor damage such as chips or cracks, widen or lengthen oddly shaped teeth for a more uniform smile, and fill gaps and straighten slightly crooked teeth. If you are missing teeth, dental implants can replace those teeth and significantly improve your oral health.
It is important to view your smile makeover treatment as an investment in your smile. Each procedure offers its own unique, transformative benefits.
If you suffer from gum disease or have any cavities, Dr. Van Slate will treat those conditions prior to beginning your smile makeover treatment. It is recommended that patients do not smoke, or that they quit smoking, as tobacco can cause permanent stains on bonded teeth, porcelain veneers, and dental crowns.
Invest in Your Smile
It is important to view your smile makeover treatment as an investment in your smile, and understand that the cost of your treatment will vary based on the specific procedures you include. Each procedure offers its own unique, transformative benefits:
- Teeth Whitening: Whether you choose in-office or take-home treatment, professional teeth whitening can eliminate surface stains for a brighter smile. It is an excellent foundation treatment for porcelain veneers or dental bonding. After your teeth have been whitened, Dr. Van Slate can ensure the bonding material or veneers are matched to your newly whitened smile.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is an excellent way to reshape your teeth, repair minor damage such as chips, and fill in gaps. Since it requires less removal of the tooth’s enamel, it is ideal for patients who have very little enamel.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers can achieve many of the same results as dental bonding, but requires more removal of your enamel. Veneers are more durable than dental bonding, and can therefore provide you with longer lasting results.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns can repair cracked or otherwise damaged teeth, and can also conceal intrinsic stains. Dental crowns can be crafted from porcelain or ceramic for strength and durability, as well as for a natural tooth-colored look.
- Dental Implants: If you are missing teeth, dental implants are the best way to replace those teeth, and improve both your oral health and appearance.
Begin Your Transformation Today
When you work with Dr. Van Slate, you will receive a unique smile makeover treatment plan that is personalized to your individual needs and cosmetic goals. Contact our friendly staff today to schedule your cosmetic consultation.