The Custom-Made MicrO2® Sleep Apnea Device Is Comfortable, Durable, and Highly Effective
Sleep apnea can dramatically affect your quality of life and overall health. Accordingly, Dr. Jon Marc Van Slate strives to provide the most advanced and effective treatment possible. He proudly offers the innovative MicrO2® sleep apnea device at his Houston, TX, practice. This custom-made oral appliance is created with digital technology and fits comfortably over your teeth. It functions by repositioning your lower jaw, holding it in a slightly forward position. Thus, the MicrO2® device can open up your airways and allow you to enjoy an uninterrupted night’s sleep. This type of appliance is stronger and more comfortable than similar devices. It is a highly effective way to reduce sleep apnea symptoms and enhance your general wellness.
The MicrO2 sleep apnea device can help you achieve an uninterrupted night of sleep and improve your quality of life.
Are You a Candidate for the MicrO2® Device?
The MicrO2® sleep and snore device is designed to treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). This condition causes the tissues at the back of your throat to relax. When relaxed, the tissues can collapse, blocking your airway while you sleep. You can eventually resume breathing, but you generally wake up to do so. In the mornings, you are not fully rested, and you could experience a variety of symptoms, including:
- Chronic fatigue
- Frequent headaches
- Loud snoring
- Depression, anxiety, or irritability
- Forgetfulness or difficulty concentrating
- Dry mouth
Please note that the MicrO2® device cannot treat central sleep apnea (CSA). If you have this condition, you will need to see a sleep specialist or neurologist.
The MicrO2® is the first such device crafted with state-of-the-art CAD/CAM technology. Therefore, it will more closely conform to the shape of your dental arches for increased comfort.
How Does the MicrO2® Sleep Apnea Device Work?
If Dr. Van Slate determines that the MicrO2® sleep apnea device is right for you, he will take impressions of your teeth using advanced technology. A trusted modern lab will use these models to create a custom oral appliance from a smooth, dental-grade acrylic. The device will have two parts. One will fit over your top teeth while the other will go around your lower dental arch. The appliance will also come with a special mechanism that will gently align your lower jaw in a forward position. This will lift your soft palate so that it does not relax while you sleep and restrict your breathing. With the MicrO2® device, you could notice a dramatic difference in the quality of your sleep after just a few nights.
The Benefits of the MicrO2® Appliance
Dr. Van Slate proudly offers the MicrO2® sleep apnea device because it has several advantages over other types of oral appliances.
- The MicrO2® is the first such device crafted with state-of-the-art CAD/CAM technology. Therefore, it will more closely conform to the shape of your dental arches for increased comfort. Records are digitized, so it will be easy to replace your appliance if you lose it.
- The lab will use an advanced material that is less porous than other plastics or resins. As a result, your MicrO2® appliance will be remarkably strong and durable.
- This type of appliance is made without lingual wires, allowing more room for tongue movement. It also has specially contoured edges that will allow you to fully close your mouth.
- Although it will be easy to adjust your device as needed, you should not have to do so before nightly use.
- Most importantly, the MicrO2® device can dramatically alleviate the symptoms of sleep apnea. Subsequently, it can reduce your risk for related health conditions, such as high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease.
Achieve More Restful Sleep
To learn how you can achieve more restful sleep and alleviate the symptoms of sleep apnea, call our office at (713) 783-1993 or contact us online. Dr. Van Slate can tell you more about the MicrO2® device and help determine if it is right for you.