Dr. Jon Marc Van Slate is dedicated to promoting and maintaining his patients’ periodontal health. Gum disease, a common condition, occurs when bacteria create pockets in the soft tissues. There, microbes can cause inflammation, tissue recession, and even tooth loss. To combat gum disease in the early to moderate stages, Dr. Van Slate proudly offers the AIR-FLOW® PERIO method at his Houston, TX, practice. This small yet effective device can eliminate bacteria in seconds. Thanks to its advanced design, the treatment involves very little discomfort or recovery time. Best of all, it can restore your oral health and help to prevent flare-ups of gum disease for many years.
AIR-FLOW® PERIO can help eradicate gum disease quickly and effectively.
Will You Benefit from Treatment with AIR-FLOW® PERIO?
With regular exams and cleanings, you can prevent gum disease from developing in the first place. However, if you are suffering from this condition, it is best to treat it in the initial stages. AIR-FLOW® PERIO treatment may be right for you if you suffer from:
- Minor bleeding, especially when brushing or flossing your teeth
- Red, inflamed gums
- Dental sensitivity
- Gum recession
If you have more advanced gum disease that has already caused tooth loss or jaw recession, Dr. Van Slate may refer you to a periodontist.
With AIR-FLOW® PERIO, gum disease treatment is very quick, often requiring only a few minutes.
How Does the AIR-FLOW® PERIO Work?
The AIR-FLOW® PERIO device is a handheld tool that is specially designed to give minimally invasive access below the gumline. The device will emit air, water, and a specially formulated glycine powder. The air, combined with the abrasive molecules, will eliminate bacteria and biofilm from the pockets around your tooth roots. The water will help to disperse the glycine powder, and it will prevent air from being trapped under your gums. The entire treatment takes just minutes.
In some cases, Dr. Van Slate may combine the AIR-FLOW® PERIO method with other periodontal treatments. For example, he can place Arestin®, a topical antibiotic, inside the pockets, completely eradicating any bacteria.
What Are the Advantages of AIR-FLOW® PERIO?
Although we perform a range of treatments for gum disease, we are particularly excited to offer the AIR-FLOW® PERIO method. Its advantages include:
- The treatment involves virtually no discomfort, and it will not impact the nearby healthy tissue. Additionally, glycine powder is much less abrasive than sodium bicarbonate, another antibacterial substance. Therefore, you may have very little post-treatment inflammation, and you could quickly enjoy full oral function.
- With AIR-FLOW® PERIO, gum disease treatment is very quick, often requiring only a few minutes.
- This innovative treatment method can dramatically reduce the chances of reoccurring bacteria. It can also prevent inflammation and tissue recession around dental implant posts.
- With your improved oral health, you are less likely to experience tooth loss and jawbone recession. Good periodontal health can also lower your risk for related health conditions, such as heart attack and stroke.
Although AIR-FLOW® PERIO is a non-invasive treatment, this method can effectively remove bacteria from relatively large pockets. Of course, to protect your oral health most effectively, you should also maintain proper dental hygiene as well as schedule regular visits to our office.
Benefit from Advanced Technology
Our advanced periodontal care can protect your beautiful smile for many years. Call our office at (713) 783-1993 or contact our office online to learn more about AIR-FLOW® PERIO or to schedule an exam.